- Merrill Ousts Three Southwest Brokers over Cold-Calling
A producing manager in Arizona and a Forbes-ranked team in Scottsdale and Dallas that won internal recognition for their account growth metrics left over solicitation practices “inconsistent with Firm standards.”
- Ladenburg Contractually Limits FA Retention Bonuses Ahead of Sale
Merger document with Advisor Group restricts aggregate payments to Ladenburg’s 4,400 brokers and prospects to $5 million in aggregate and $500,000 individually.
- Edward Jones Wins TRO Against Broker Who Joined Ameriprise
A Nevada broker who moved 11 household accounts since leaving Jones at the end of October has been ordered to refrain from contacting former clients for two weeks.
- Fidelity, Schwab, Vanguard Outrank Wirehouses in Prospect Recognition–Cerulli
New survey of brand familiarity finds discount brokerage giants trouncing wirehouses in “unprompted” name recognition across a wide wealth spectrum of investors.
- Finra Raps Ex-Morgan Stanley Broker over Unauthorized Trades
Michigan broker with almost 50 years of industry experience accepted a three-month suspension and $5,000 fine for making over a hundred trades without permission, according to the regulator.
The post This Week’s Top Stories: Merrill Brokers’ Cold-Calling Blunder, Advisor Group to Buy Ladenburg, and More appeared first on AdvisorHub.